Monday, June 18, 2007

Week 2, LinkedIn Search

There is a keyword search engine built in LinkedIn. You can search people, jobs and answers, with refined search possibilities by industry, location, etc.

The search results are well organized and show the path I can use to connect with people who appeared in my searches.

I have searched for LinkedIn members who consider themselves "Citizens of the World" just as I do. Well, there are about 30 of the like-minded members as it appears... Later I'll try to connect with them of course.

Also I would like to undertake a small scale research: what kind of education do Internet Marketers have? It is relatively easy to do on LinkedIn. I will tell you the results of my findings later.

The reason I am personally interested: I consider myself as self-taught in Internet Research and Marketing - having solid background in science research, taking Internet courses, reading a lot and applying the acquired knowledge I feel quite comfortable in the field. But recently I was asked by a HR person: do you have education in Internet Marketing? Well, I don't... but I also think that others working in Internet Marketing don't have a formal education in it either... We'll see...

http://www.linkedin.com/in/olgakellen





No comments: