Monday, December 24, 2007

After 8 months on LinkedIn I have 4,000,000 connections

After 8 months on LinkedIn I have about 300 first degree connections, 100,000 second degree and 4,000,000 third degree which means that I'm able to reach about 30% of all LinkedIn members worldwide.

It's interesting to mention that I haven't done anything special to get all these connections. I just answered questions and got connected with some of the askers after some post-discussion. Also I have to mention that while during December I had no time to answer questions on LinkedIn, my network stopped growing...

Based on my answers LinkedIn considers me having expertise in the following categories:

Using LinkedIn
Writing and Editing
International Law
Business Development
Business Travel
Job Search
Professional Networking
Economics
Personnel Policies
Staffing and Recruiting
Exporting/Importing
Internationalization and Localization
Events Marketing
Lead Generation
Manufacturing
Interface Design
Incorporation
Starting Up

It doesn't make me an "expert" in all these categories of course, but anyway people who asked these questions considered my answers as "best" which means I'm capable of something ;-)

As I am l looking for interesting projects in Internet Research, Internet Marketing, International Business, Translation and Localization, the more people know me and see that I have knowledge, the higher are my chances to land the projects.









No comments: