Thursday, June 21, 2007

Online Networking

Networking Online vs. Offline...

Let's come to think - what is not online nowadays? Not so many things or maybe even none will come to your mind, right?

Anybody probably has a common opinion that both are equally important - networking online and offline; I won't argue, no way.

It is just my personal preference to network online for two major reasons: first - consulting services that I offer in Internet Research, Internet Marketing and Translation are performed and/or delivered online; and second - the ease and availability of online networking.

I can get online any time of the day or night and start interacting with people around the globe. At the same time I can leave any time, get offline and stop interacting at my own wish without offending anybody. Isn't it really great?

There are people in my LinkedIn network who graduated from Harvard and Yale and I can easily involve them in conversation although I don't go to their alumni meetings.

There are people from so many companies within my fingertip reach in my online network that it's just amazing; I wouldn't be able to meet them in a million years if I relied on seeing them in person at offline networking events.

There are people in my LinkedIn network from America, Europe and Asia; at what kind of offline events could I ever meet them?

So, it's my personal thing - to network online and that's why I started on LinkedIn and I'm very happy that I have found this web-site which is so much my spirit.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/olgakellen





No comments: