Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Week 3, more LinkedIn Features

There are other features on LinkedIn that I have not experienced yet.

First of all, there are 3 levels of a paid membership with more possibilities than a free option that I have; they are as follows: Personal Plus, Business and Pro. There was a question posted on the topic some days ago: "Should one upgrade to a paid account on LinkedIn and why?" Opinions were divided approximately 50:50… Those who use LinkedIn for business purpose are in favor of upgrading. I feel that I have not used all the free possibilities to the fullest yet, so for the time being I’ll stay with the free membership.

There is Service Providers Directory here on LinkedIn; I still have to find out how to get into it with my services in Internet Research, Internet Marketing and English – Russian translations. My major goal of joining LinkedIn is to find new consulting projects in my area of expertise through networking online. I am going to write more on networking online and offline here.

There is a moderated LinkedIn Blog where everyone can post or comment upon approval.

There are LinkedIn Groups; you can join an existing group or start a new one.

Lots of things to explore…





No comments: