Tuesday, August 14, 2007

More on LinkedIn Questions / Answers

The LinkedIn Questions/Answers section is a valuable resource of all kind of information. You can search the section for keywords if needed.

I visit it almost every day and as it appeared a couple of days ago - for good reason. I was about to start calculating sample sizes that would be representative for several sets of data in my statistical research. This would take some time to go back to my books and/or online to refresh my knowledge on the subject I thought... I opened the Q/A and there is a nice surprise - somebody just asked a very similar question and received answers! As for one I would be shy to ask for help in something that I could definitely do myself even spending some time, but the asker was not shy and it helped me as well ;-) So, this is the story how the LinkedIn Q/A saved me quite a lot of time.

Some other time I had some little disappointment with this section though... I wanted to post a staffing/recruiting question, but it appeared that I could not do it - the system only allows to post such questions to my own network, but not to all LinkedIn members unfortunately... no luck ;-(

I continue posting answers to questions about publishing and self-publishing, book marketing and promotion, marketing services on the Internet, e-commerce, e-books, building small business websites, search engines optimization, websites promotion, translations and teaching languages, immigration and visas, real estate, etc. They are all in the scope of my expertise and often result from my previous research on a broad variety of topics in business and industries.

It's a great feeling to receive a thank-you from an asker or a "good/best answer" rating. Some members don't bother themselves with being polite though ;-) and say nothing after getting help... Well, people are people anywhere even on a professional networking site, right?

http://www.linkedin.com/in/olgakellen





1 comment:

Unknown said...

You can get all questions and as well answers in one aggregated feed here:

http://www.edgehunt.com/mashup/linkedin/answers

It includes answers too.