Monday, October 22, 2007

Power of LinkedIn 2

Now, why do we all do this online professional networking? For consultants/freelancers it's rather obvious - landing new projects, right?

So, how about that on LinkedIn?

So far, I got two clients and hope for more ;-)

When I just started thinking of working online (it was translating), the first thing I did, was posting my resume on Monster and similar sites. The results of filling in all those numerous forms were highly disappointing...

My next step was kinda direct marketing of my services to "maybe" companies that could use them. It worked and works. It's no fun though as marketing takes up lots of work and time. It is considered right to spend 20/80 of your time in marketing/paid assignments, but for me it looks more like 40/60 ;-(

Well, here comes the good news - I joined LinkedIn! With this unlimited possibility of networking in my preferred environment - the Internet - it started to be fun looking for projects at last!


I'd like to mention that recently I put my resume again on Graigslist and Kijiji seduced by the ease of the process and some remarks here on LinkedIn that it works. This time I offer much more than just translations, it's also about helping small businesses in many ways with Internet marketing, market research online, etc. Guess what? MLM only... Thanks, but no, thanks...








No comments: