Monday, October 15, 2007

Power of LinkedIn

Do you remember a slogan "An apple a day keeps doctors away"? A little bit too optimistic, maybe...;-)

I have one of my own; it's about LinkedIn:
"An hour a day keeps boredom away and brings contracts your way"

I've been active answering questions on LinkedIn for approximately one hour a day for 6 months. So far I've become connected through this activity to
180+ members as my 1st degree,
60,000+ as my 2nd degree
and
3,000,000+ as my 3rd degree connections.

I did a little math: my speed of acquiring professional LinkedIn connections worldwide is approximately
1 person an hour as my 1st degree connections,
300+ persons an hour as my 2nd degree connections
and
15,000+ persons an hour as my 3rd degree connections.

It's amazing, isn't it?

Please note that I didn't do anything special to acquire connections. If I did, the numbers would be higher I believe. Same thing if I could spend more hours on LinkedIn.

Next time - what the numbers do to you...


http://www.linkedin.com/in/olgakellen





No comments: