Tuesday, October 9, 2007

After 6 months on LinkedIn I have 3,000,000+ !

It's official - I'm connected to 3 million professionals around the world out of 14 million registered members of LinkedIn. This growth in my network actually happened through Questions/Answers mostly.

If interested where my LinkedIn connections come from - geographically and industry wise - please see my post of September 15th.

My direct LinkedIn connections are in 57 industries, but my extended network gives me access to 147 additional industries (including Farming - isn't it interesting for a city girl?)

My direct LinkedIn connections are in 87 locations, but my extended network gives me access to 1410 additional locations, including Montpellier in France (I'd like to go there!)

Where else on the planet of Earth could I have connected so widely? LinkedIn is quite a unique opportunity to do so.

I'm listed to have expertise in the following categories:
  • Using LinkedIn
  • Business Travel
  • Job Search
  • Professional Networking
  • Economics
  • Personnel Policies
  • Staffing and Recruiting
  • Exporting/Importing
  • Internationalization and Localization
  • Events Marketing
  • Writing and Editing
  • Manufacturing
  • Incorporation
I even was not aware that I actually had that much knowledge ;-)

It doesn't make me an "expert" in all these categories of course, but anyway people who asked these questions considered my answers as "best" which means I'm capable of something ;-)

I have joined some more LinkedIn groups, they are new, not very active yet, but I'm hoping for the better future ;-)

As I am l looking for interesting projects in Internet Research, Internet Marketing, International Business, Translation and Localization, the more people know me and see that I have knowledge, the higher are my chances to land the projects.


http://www.linkedin.com/in/olgakellen




1 comment:

Amir Watynski said...

Nice job, Olga. I've been using LinkedIn for just a few weeks. I've been concentrating on growing my network first, have been answering some questions, and so far I really like it. I am interested in finding out what value is there in terms of actual business getting done. I'm sure it's like personal networking - takes time, and it's planting seeds for the future.